- Experience the power of Purify essential oil blend by diffusing it in rooms that contain harsh odors or stagnant smells. Purify’s refreshing and herbal aroma will quickly fill a room and replace unpleasant odors with a clean scent as it purifies the air. If you’re looking for an easy and natural way to eliminate odors in bathrooms, locker rooms, or gym bags, Purify is the perfect solution for you.
- When environmental threats run high, use Purify essential oil blend to combat adverse effects. Purify can be used to protect against environmental threats and can help minimize the effects caused by agitating environments.
- If getting into your car causes your face to crinkle because of the smell, it’s time for Purify. For a quick fix to a pungent car odor, place a few drops of Purify cleansing blend on a cotton ball and put it in or near your air vent. The fresh and purifying aroma of this blend will swiftly encircle your car with a light and airy smell your nose will be sure to love.
- Forget the toxic chemicals of traditional cleansers and create your own cleansing spray with Purify. For a natural and effective household cleaner, simply add five drops of Purify essential oil blend into a small spray bottle filled with water. This minimalistic combination is perfect for wiping down countertops while leaving a fresh scent in its wake.
- It’s a fact that some odors linger a little bit longer than others—especially when clothes are concerned. Sometime putting your smelly clothes into the laundry doesn’t always translate into stench-free clothing coming out. For clothes that come out smelling as clean as they look, add a few drops of Purify essential oil into the rinse cycle when doing laundry. Purify will help eliminate tough odors.
- Is your stove top caked with difficult liquid stains and charred food? Turn that kitchen eye sore into a shiny appliance with this DIY Stove Top Cleaner recipe including Purify essential oil. This easy recipe will help clean off grime and leave the stove’s surface looking clean and sparkly.
- To give a fresh, herbal aroma to small rooms, place a few drops of Purify essential oil blend onto a cotton ball and put it into the air vent in the room. When the air blows through the vent, it will waft in the refreshing scents of Purify—giving the room a continual burst of clean and fresh air.
- If after a long day of outdoor adventure you notice multiple bug bites, don’t panic. Purify has strong cleansing properties that can help soothe skin irritations, like those from bug bites. Simply add one to two drops of Purify essential oil to the bug bite or skin irritation and you will soon feel its soothing properties kick in.
- Before hosting a friendly get together at your home, place three to four drops of Purify essential oil blend into the diffuser of your choice. Diffusing Purify will have the air smelling fresh and clean, perfect for welcoming in your guests.
- With a fridge full of dynamic foods with distinct aromas, it’s natural for the fridge to start smelling, but that doesn’t mean you have to live with a smelly fridge. With DIY Fridge Refreshers, you can keep your various smelling foods together without the pungent odors. Fridge refreshers are easy to make and only have four ingredients—including Purify essential oil. Purify will help keep those powerful odors at bay so that you can enjoy a fresh smell whenever you open the fridge.
- Lemon Peel
- Lime Peel
- Siberian Fir Needle
- Austrian Fir Needle
- Pine Needle
- Citronella Grass
- Melaleuca Leaf
- Cilantro Herb
- One common use of Tea Tree oil is for haircare. Many people use Tea Tree oil for hair because of its topical cleansing, rejuvenating, and purifying properties. Unlike chemical-ridden haircare products, Melaleuca essential oil offers a soft, gentle element to any haircare routine. If you are looking for ways to use Tea Tree oil for hair, check out our DIY Hair Detangler, that includes Melaleuca essential oil.
- Are your makeup brushes in need of some deep cleaning? Tea Tree oil’s benefits for skin and cleansing properties come together in this Makeup Brush Cleanser. Over time, your makeup brushes get covered in old makeup and dead skin cells. If you don’t want to be spreading that all over your face, you’ll need to give your brushes a good cleaning every once in a while. With just three simple ingredients, including Tea Tree essential oil, you can concoct a purifying makeup brush cleanser that will get rid of gunk and germs—restoring your makeup brushes to their former glory.
- Diffusing Tea Tree oil can help purify and freshen the air in your home. When diffusing Melaleuca oil on its own, use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice. Looking for a revitalizing diffuser blend that will freshen and purify any room? Add 2 drops of Lemon, 2 drops of Eucalyptus, 1 drop of Melaleuca, and 1 drop of Peppermint to your diffuser for a rejuvenating diffuser bend that will cleanse the air and awaken your senses.
- Like the ancient aborigines of Australia, many people still use Tea Tree oil for skin because of its purifying and toning properties. Because of these properties, Melaleuca oil can be used to help soothe occasional skin irritations. When you experience occasional skin irritations, apply one to two drops of Tea Tree oil onto the affected area, using doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil to dilute the oil if necessary. The skin cleansing properties of Tea Tree oil reach further than just helping with the occasional skin irritation, however. Consider adding one to two drops of Tea Tree oil to your facial cleanser or moisturizer for added cleansing properties. Making Tea Tree oil a part of your daily skin routine will help keep your skin clean, toned, and healthy looking.
- Because of its cleansing and purifying properties, Tea Tree oil can be very helpful for cleaning purposes—especially throughout the home. Melaleuca oil is a good choice for homemade cleaners due to its ability to protect against environmental and seasonal threats. If you want an effective homemade cleaner, add a few drops of Tea Tree oil to a spray bottle with water and use on surfaces throughout the house. This mixture will help protect you and your family against environmental threats, and purify all your surfaces with a herbaceous, green scent.
- Have you ever tried adding Tea Tree oil to your beverages? Although citrus essential oils are a popular choice for giving water extra flavor, there are many benefits to adding Melaleuca to your water or other drinks. Tea Tree oil can be added to water for a refreshing taste and to help support healthy immune system function.* When adding Tea Tree to your drinks, add it to water by itself or to citrus drinks for extra flavor. You can even combine Melaleuca with Peppermint and Lemon essential oil for a refreshing mouth rinse and breath freshener.
- The purifying properties of Tea Tree oil aren’t just good for hair and skin, you can also use Melaleuca oil to keep your fingernails and toenails looking and feeling healthy. Reap the benefits of Tea Tree oil for nails by applying some oil to your fingernails and toenails after you get out of the shower to keep them looking strong and healthy. When using Tea Tree oil topically, first dilute with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil to prevent against any skin sensitivity, and then apply a few drops to your skin.
With roughly 250 species, Melaleuca is most typically found in Australia. Melaleuca oil, or Tea Tree oil, is extracted from the leaves of Melaleuca shrubs or trees, which have a strong aroma when rubbed. Melaleuca essential oil is produced through the process of steam distillation where steam and pressure are used to release chemical components from the plant—pulling out the essential oil.
Fun Fact: Bungwalbin Creek in Australia is surrounded by Australian tea trees and is held sacred by the Aborigines. As the sticky tea tree oil leaves fell into the creek, they created waters that natives still consider “magical waters” today.
2 tablespoons Fractionated Coconut Oil
5 drops Melaleuca essential oil
5 drops Grapefruit essential oil
1. Add Fractionated Coconut Oil and essential oils into a small bowl.
2. Swirl your brush in the Fractionated Coconut Oil for 30 seconds, or until you see the makeup stored in your brush start to come out.3. Rub in a circular motion on the palm of hand to help get the makeup out.
3. Rinse the brush under warm water. Gently squeeze brush bristles until clean, and the water runs clear. Please note: Make sure to point the bristles down when running under water. Direct water contact may loosen the glue where the bristles are attach and shorten the life of your brushes.
4. Let your newly cleaned makeup brushes dry on a towel for 4 hours, or until dry. Repeat once a month, or as needed.
¼ cup baking soda
¼ cup table salt
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoons water
4–5 drops of Purify Cleansing Blend
- Stir all ingredients together until they form a paste and spread it over the stove top and burners.
- Leave it on for 15 minutes or longer for hard-toremove stains.
- Using a sponge, scrub the mixture into the grime.
- Remove excess cleaner and wipe surface clean.
- 4 ounce jar
- ¼ cup shea butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ ounce piece of beeswax, grated
- 25 drops Melaleuca essential oil
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan over very low heat, stir until melted.
- Remove from heat and stir to combine, then add essential oils.
- Pour mixture into a clean jar.
- Massage a small amount into your feet at bedtime to moisturize.
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon Matcha Green Tea powder
- 1 tablespoon green tea leaves
- ½ cup coconut oil Few drops of Peppermint essential oil
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, matcha, and green tea leaves.
- Add coconut oil and Peppermint; mix well. Add more oil if you like your scrub to be more moisturizing.
- Store in an air-tight container for up to 1 month (2 months if refrigerated).
Commercial air fresheners can bring many unnatural aromas into your home. There are, however, completely safe and natural alternatives to help keep your home refreshed. Make your own air freshener that has only two ingredients—baking soda and essential oils!
¼ cup baking soda
5–6 drops of your favorite essential oil
- Put ¼ cup baking soda into a small Mason jar. Add 5–6 drops of your favorite doTERRA essential oil or blend.
Recommended Essential Oils: doTERRA Balance®, Cassia, Geranium, Eucalyptus, Lavender, Lemon, doTERRA On Guard®, Purify, or Wild Orange.
- Put piece of fabric on jar and seal with jar band.
- To keep an area smelling fresh, place jar on a solid surface and shake often to activate the fresh scent.
- If scent starts to fade, simply add 2–3 drops of essential oil to jar.
- Combine all ingredients in glass spray bottle.
- Shake until combined.
- To use, spray on mat and wipe dry with towel.
1/2 cup white sugar
3 tablespoons liquid castile soap
1 teaspoon almond oil
7 drops Clary Sage
5 drops of Melaleuca
- In a small bowl, add all ingredients and stir until smooth and combined.
- Pour into air-tight container and keep next to sink for easy use.
- To use, grab a handful of soap and scrub at your dirt-covered hands. After you’re done, your hands will be clean, soft, and exfoliated.